I love, love making this recipe. It’s easy, quick and the perfect grab-on-the-go kind of snack. Not to mention, my kids eat it!!
1lb chicken breast cubes
1 TSP tomato paste
1/2 cup mixed frozen vegetables
1/2 white onion, chopped
Salt, Pepper, Pinch of Paprika
Splash Heavy cream
1 box Peppridge Farm Puff Pastry sheets
1 egg wash
- Season the chicken with olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika. Add to a pressure cooker with some olive oil/butter, fry lightly until no longer pink. Add tomato paste and little water, simmer then shut the pressure cooker. Let it whistle, then turn on med-low heat, let simmer for 10-12 minutes, until chicken is cooked. This allows chicken to soften and easy to shred. Make sure puff pastry is out of freezer, needs to be room temperature to assemble.
- Open the pressure cooker, turn up heat and sauté until all the water is gone. Mash the chicken with wooden spoon or fork. When chicken is shredded completely, add 1 TBSP butter, and the frozen vegetables. Mix and let simmer on low heat. Check seasoning, add more salt/pepper as needed.
- When the veggies have softened up, add a splash of heavy cream to keep everything moist. Turn off heat and set aside. Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Dust your countertop with some flour then place the puff pastry down. It should be soft enough to roll out with rolling pin. Roll just a little bit with rolling pin. Then cut the sheets into a rough size of 4″x4″ squares.
- Assembling puffs: Spoon one TSP of cooled chicken mixture onto center of puff pastry sheet square. Fold over, seal by pressing together with touch of water. Crimp with a fork on the edges. Brush with egg wash on top. Place onto greased cookie sheet or baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for about 18-20 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. (Keep watching) Serve hot for yummiest.